Hurricanes: Although Le Jardin is well built, we have to consider the fall out from the storms when determining if evacuation or staying is your best option.(If it is a Mandatory Evacuation, we highly recommend for your life safety that you vacate.) To assist in the decision in a non Mandatory Evacuation, please consider the following while assessing the situation! Once a Mandatory Evacuation has been issued residence, management and maintenance are not permitted to access the facility until it is deemed safe by authorities.
Mandatory Evacuation means that emergency vehicles may not be able to get through after a storm!
Emergency vehicles will not respond during the storm
bridges and roads to our area would be closed until further notice
Building generator could malfunction or run out of gas!
Elevators will be brought up to roof level and then shut off. This will ensure no one can be trapped in elevators and that the elevators can not flood during the storm.
This contains important information for your safety in case of a hurricane. There are some great websites available to help in Hurricane preparation which we urge you to consult. One of the most important things to remember is to make a plan and stick with it! Don't allow yourself to get caught off guard by waiting until the last minute. Having a plan and implementing it immediately will aid in your safety.
Tropical Storm Watch issued when tropical storm conditions may pose a threat within 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Warning: issued when tropical storm conditions are expected within 24 hours.
Hurricane Watch is issued up to 36 hours in advance of landfall and indicates that everyone in the area should be ready to take protective measures is Hurricane Warning is issued.
Hurricane Warning: Issued when hurricane conditions are expected in the are in 24 hours or less. A Mandatory Evacuation could take place at this time. precautions should be taken immediately. If a hurricane's path is erratic, there may be only a few hours before the onset of hurricane conditions You must have a plan and be prepared by this time.
Mandatory Evacuation: is given 24-36 hours from landfall. Storms can dramatically change quickly and depending on conditions this will dictate timing of an
If a Hurricane Should Occur the Following could happen:
- power would be off during the storm, with the exception of emergency lighting
- elevators could stop working and become unavailable if generator fails
- air conditioning is off
- water pump could go out if generator fails or if we are unable to get gas for it
- Hammock Dunes goes into lock down
- bridge shuts down
After the hurricane passes, the following would occur:
- as soon as safe, bridge reopens
- Hammock Dunes reopens
- power is restored
- gas is delivered for generator
- vendors are contacted if needed
- Management assesses building for damage
Contacting Le Jardin Management or Maintenance:
Fire and Medical Emergency:
In case of Fire Emergency :
Call 9-1-1 Report Emergency ( The street address 28 Porto Mar)
- Leave your unit and close your door.
- activate the fire pull station on your floor, the building fire alarm will sound.
- do not use elevators
- proceed down back of house stairway to exit
- if you are in your unit and hear the fire alarm sound, leave and close your door
In the event of a medical emergency
- call 9-1-1 Report Emergency (the street address is 28 Porto Mar)
- call the manager at 447-6182 so that we may assist in anyway possible and get prepared for emergency access to the unit for EMS
- An AED (Difibulator) is available in the fitness center for emergency. It is recommended that only a certifies staff member should use if necessary.