Window Washing: The fixed windows are professionally cleaned by Panes Plus, four times a year. The next cleaning is scheduled for The Beginning of October 2022 , weather permitting. For you late risers, please make sure your blinds are drawn when you get dressed! Spider Man may be at your window!.
Please use the following guideline when throwing away trash in a high rise:
- All trash should be bagged and bags should be tied,
- No multiple glass bottles in a bag. These will shatter on impact.
- No whole melons should be thrown in chute unless they are double bagged and tied,
- No packing materials, pillows, or large items that can potentially jam the chute should be thrown down the chute. Please contact management and we will assist or instruct on removal of moving debris.
- No Construction debris what so ever should be thrown into chute. This will result in a costly repair and possible injury. Debris is the responsibility of your contractor and they will have instructions on proper removal of construction materials.
Recycling gets picked up every Tuesday. We have two bins locate at the bottom of stairwells 1 and 3.
All plastic bottles can be recycled. Newspapers, magazines and office paper can also be recycled. NO PIZZA BOXES OR COFFEE CUPS!
Cardboard boxes must have the recycle symbol printed on them otherwise there isn't enough pulp in them to make it recyclable, Aluminum cans can be recycled as well. Please do not mix trash in with the recycling otherwise the whole bin gets tossed into the trash. If you need assistance taking your recycling down to the garage, please notify management and we ill take care of it for you!
Please remember that your air conditioning and heat are your only dehumidification. We do not recommend leaving your sliders open even in the cooler weather. This allows salt air to enter your unit which can be damaging to appliances, air conditioning units etc. Dampness can cause swelling to your furniture, wood work and cabinets. Please limit your fresh air time to time spent on those fabulous balconies! .
Closing your condo while traveling:
For short trips, we recommend that you shut off your water and water heater, empty your ice maker, and make sure your ac is set no warmer than 78 degrees.
For longer trips, we suggest the following :
- Clean all appliances with soapy water. Dry and unplug small appliances,
- Store all sugar ,flour ,pasta, and dry foods in refrigerator
- Make sure to clean around the gasket on the dishwasher to remove any food particles that may cause mold. Leave the door unlatched to relieve pressure off the gasket.
- Pour 1/8 cup of lemon or lime juice down the garbage disposer followed by 1/4 corn oil. Run for a few minutes and add an additional cup of oil.
- Turn off your water supply. Switch breaker for water heater to off position.
- Unplug all electronic and computer equipment in case of power surge.
- Make sure ac is at 78 or less
- turn ceiling fans on low
- add Clorox to toilet bowls and cover with saran wrap. This slows down water evaporation and drying out of traps,
- Remove all patio furniture from balconies (plants and accessories as well!)
- Shut off inline gas to fireplace
- forward mail and stop newspapers or see management to make other arrangements
- Please let management know if you are planning on having guests in your absence and your expected return date.
- enjoy your time away!
Resetting your Water Heater:
Locate the sensor in the water heater pan at the floor level. Make sure it is dry, otherwise dry it off and put it to the side.(there may be a little bit of water in the pan. That is okay unless the pan is close to full! If that is the case call a plumber asap!)
Locate the box on the top with the red light on (this is the auto shut off.)
Use a large screw driver or a coin to turn the slit on the box. You will be turning it from "off" to "on", (this should allow the heater to reset. the light should go from red to green and water should start working again!